About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Wednesday 24 August 2011

What a Beautiful Day



Thursday evenings Rainbow


What do most people do 4 weeks after major abdominal surgery & finding out that they have cancer?


Most people are probably recuperating and resting at home. Maybe taking it easy and starting to recover.


Not me. Not one to do things by halves -  me, hubby, a very determined 18 month old and a very excited 3 year old along with auntie Jo took off for Beautiful Days festival at Escot Park, Devon.


Monday Morning, we all survived




There were hiccups along the way. The 'tank' had a water leak and had been in the garage since I was in hospital and was due to be repaired and completed the week before the festival. The part didn't come and so we were resigned to packing extremely lightly and heading to a music festival in the Megane coupe cabriolet. Although it was surprisingly roomy, however I did still forget my wellies!!


I consider myself quite good at festivalling (is that even a word?) I have 'done' Glastonbury, and this was my 5th Beautiful Days & 2nd with the kids. But I had not anticipated the effect that the surgery had had on me. 


I am so used to being able to do everything that I felt like a bit of a spare part on the Thursday when first Tony and then Tony and Jo had to make multiple journey's between the car and the tent. The same feeling came over me on Monday when we were packing up and I only managed to make one trip to the car carrying my handbag and a couple of chairs. 


Isaac and the Wooden mushrooms
Imogen hiding behind the fairy arch
The biggest difference between festivals pre kids and post kids is how close you can get to the music, Last year this bothered me, as Tony got to be up the front while I was looking after Imogen (who was only 6 months old). This year I sat outside the tent listening but not seeing or at the back of the arena, sometimes even not seeing while I cuddled sleepy toddlers or rested a very sore tummy and back.


Some of the highlights of the weekend for me were.....
Imogen grooving

Isaac grooving
  • Learning to crochet in the kids craft area
  • Watching the kids playing around some of the 'fairy arches', wooden sculptures & water features
  • Watching both Imogen and Isaac dancing around to both Flogging Molly and the Levellers
  • Discovering 'fireworks' mode on my camera and getting some awesome shots following the Levellers set on Sunday evening

Fireworks mode rocks






Getting ready for bed

No comments:

Post a Comment