About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Thursday 1 September 2011

A nice normal day

Today, for the first time in a long time, I felt like me. 


A mum & not a cancer patient. 


It was Isaacs first parents morning at playschool. 


So of we went, en masse. Isaac walked, Imogen in the pushchair and mummy and daddy.

There was drama before we left. We have misplaced Isaacs birth certificate, although we had it less than 6 weeks ago to fill in forms for the childminder, it is now in 'a safe place'.


Then there was the melt down from Isaac because he wanted to watch Mr Tumble before we left.


But we managed to get out of the house all in one piece and 'chugged' away to playschool.


For all those of you without children, this is a common theme when going anywhere with a toddler. To encourage them to walk you will probably do anything. In our case that involves becoming Isaac's coaches, trucks or on rare occassions Annie & Clarabel!!


We got to playschool, Isaac got his name sticker, Daddy collected the paperwork while mummy took Imogen and Isaac into play.


That was that, both of them were in like a shot playing with cars, babies, puzzles, duplo (other building blocks are available), outside, colouring..... The playing was endless.


After only an hour and a half it was time to go. Isaacs parting comment


'I like playing there mummy, can I go everyday?'

No comments:

Post a Comment