About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Saturday 9 November 2013

An apology

Last night, I posted about the treatment I received at the hands of a member of a caring profession. 

I do not want this blog to become about nurse bashing, because by far I have not come across any other people who should not be in this profession.

Even today, the system works. I have been sought out by the sister who handed over my care last night in SAU. 

In turn I have spoken to the matron in charge of surgery and will be submitting a formal complaint about the way I was treated and the things that were said. 

I do not intend to air it in this public forum as you would only get my side of the story and that does not present a balanced argument. 

I hope that this will not dimish your respect for me in telling it like it is. Hopefully you understand that my aim is to present a balanced argument and I cannot do that without inviting that person onto my blog to comment, which I do not intend to do.

Suffice to say, my aim in submitting a complaint is to prevent another, potentially more vulnerable person suffering the humiliation and embarssment I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment