About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Tuesday 6 May 2014

May the Fourth be with you and Revenge of the Fifth

Sorry, I don't pun very often but I couldn't resist this after seeing it all over twitter today. 
Also sorry for not posting much recently. I have been very caught up in my own little world and feeing kinda sorry for myself and just doing some reflecting on things.
So much has happened over the last month that I find myself wondering where the time has come from and equally where the time has gone. 

So round 5 & 6 didn't happen. Basically my bowel was on the verge of becoming obstructed again and so they deemed it prudent not to introduce any more drugs into my system and add to the pressures exerted on my digestive system. So once again I have not completed a course of chemotherapy. 

I can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I have had some chemo which will have had some effect on the tumours, we hope, but I have not had the recommended amounts and so the effect on the tumour won't be as great or miraculous as should be expected.

It is bitter sweet, knowing that my body is failing, but can tolerate some treatment but not enough to complete the course.

But I cannot dwell on that, I had more important things to plan for... a certain young lady turned 1.

Yep, on the Thursday following non - chemo we headed to the West Country for some much needed rest, relaxation & family time. 

L-R Jamie, Sharon, Phil, Becci, Mum, Dad, Me holding Hope, Tony, Jo
Front Row Isaac, Hattie, Imogen, Alfie

We had a lovely time and managed to get this lovely family shot in my parents garden. In the afternoon we took Hope to her first Taunton Scout & Guide Gang Show, and their 25th show. This brings back all sorts of memories for me. I was in the first Gang Show in 1989, I've been an Edwardian Lady, an Alien and all sorts of things in between. I was presented with my Baden Powell trefoil by Betty Clay (Lord Robert Baden Powells daughter) on the opening night in 1994, setting a trend that had been followed by a range of guides and young leaders through the years. 


On our return back to Crawley it was time to start preparing for our next big adventure & one of our once in a lifetime events. It was time to think about Thomasland.

I think Thomasland deserves a post of its own, so i'll save that for later and just tease you with a photo....


Following Thomasland there was my Mummy & Isaac day. We went to Brighton and had a great time in the sea life centre, where Isaac overcame his fear and touched the starfish in the rock pool. We also took a trip on the Brighton Wheel and had some lovely chips on the beach while Isaac played and collected stones for our garden.

On the wheel

Looking at the turtles
Through the rest of the time I have been back and forward to Guildford to see the palliative care pain consultants, eventually got my 'emergency' CT scan, 3 weeks after it was requested!!!

And very soon I shall be off to see my oncologist to determine what happens next. Keep your eyes peeled for that revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment