About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Friday 5 September 2014

So, yesterday was talking about Day 0, today is logically the first day after Ruth died.  

There are many things that you say to your children that you don't want to; "Stop That!" probably being the number 1 offender.  However there is something that you never want to have to tell them and that is that their mother has died.  This was my task on the 21st June 2014.  I had been lent a book about Water Beetles and Dragonflies and this seemed to put it into a good context for me to help my kids understand. Isaac had stayed at his friends house overnight, so I went to pick him up and tell him.  His , reaction was that of total shock, then the tears.  Imogen too had stayed at a friends and she didn't come home until the afternoon.  I took her upstairs and seeing her face melt with the words that I was saying was, well, heartbreaking.

The next few days all seemed to blur into one.  All I can tell you is that the funeral was planned, financial affairs were started to be put into some sort of order (more about this at a later date) and life, well it just carried on.  Isaac went back to School on the Monday, then the Tuesday was his birthday.  Imogen & Hope went to the childminder as planned and then Imogen went to pre-school on the Wednesday.

Gradually the family migrated back westward, Martin first, then Jo and last but not least the fabulous Barbara.  I will talk about rocks of various types in my next post.  Until then, love to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment