About this Blog

This blog started as an online diary and place for me to rant about annoyances in my family.

However since July it has become a place for me to catalogue and express my views and opinions on the treatment I have recieved following the diagnosis of a potentially cancerous tumor in my bowel.

On 3rd August 2011 I was told that it was cancerous. In April 2012 I was given the all clear.

October 15th 2013 I was diagnosed with peritoneal disease and liver metastases. The cancer was back and this time it is inoperable.

It is a little bit out of date as the NHS doesn't tend to have a WiFi connection in hospital and I can only post when I get home and posts take a while to write.

It is NOT about individuals or the nursing profession. It is about some of the inadequacies in the system and the way the NHS is failing some people.

For more inane ramblings, follow me on twitter

To see my crafty loves follow me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest

Why not like my new Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/thepoohstickqueen" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">

Or follow my photographic craziness on instragram
Instagram

Sunday 9 November 2014

Just The One (you know you shouldn't do it.....)

The end of someone's life is a sad time and invariably leaves a big gap in the people remaining lives.  This is true for me too.  I am lucky that family and friends are supportive and continue to be so.  Through WAY (Widowed and Young) I am meeting new people all with their own stories of loss and it really puts life back into perspective.  I feel a lot of sadness for those who are struggling to come to terms with the loss of their loved one. 

However I need to be objective, I cannot change the past.  Ruth was my wife for 12 years who bore 3 lovely children who look like her (and unfortunately for them, like me too).  There are more progressive widows who I talk to a lot who have dealt with these demons and I find them the biggest source of strength and joy at the moment.

In 2 weeks time I will be heading upto Dudley to meet 89 of these more "fun loving" widows for a Christmas meal, disco and general chit chat.  I have been out for a meal as a group and also with a few people individually who have lost their partners and all of them want the same thing and that's the company of others.  I am smiling again now I have met like minded people who understand first hand what I have been through.

No one likes sitting at home alone in the evening drinking wine or beer.  I have proven to myself (and others) that I do not need the drink but I enjoy it - and for me there is a difference.  So the message in this rambling passage is grab a bottle of wine and pop around to any friend who is on their own this evening and have a chat.  They will appreciate the company.  (p.s. I have a thing for Red Wine, Cheese and Crackers!)

Night all.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment